Happy New Year’s Eve! As we look forward to ringing in a new year, we would like to take the time to reflect upon the past year. Here’s a short list of our favorite things and awesome events that happened at Amber’s Beauty School in 2013:
- Implemented a scholarship awarding currently enrolled students $500.00 toward their tuition. Tricia Foster & Taylor Catron were the first recipients in 2013.
- Students and staff traveled to Louisville, KY, to spend a day in a Living Lab with Bennie Pollard. We spent time in his salon, Hair by Bennie & Friends, and also in classes, learning about branding, marketing, and the hair industry.
- Began our partnership with local high schools and career centers enabling high school juniors and seniors to attend Amber’s part time.
- Redesigned our website with Arrick Garringer of Windmill Marketing
- Worked with a wide variety of guest speakers, including: Jeff Petro, Vicki O’Connor, Katie Cassaro, and Cindy Moser
- Celebrated five years in our Briarwood Location under ownership of Brian & Brooke Shrieve
- Hired new staff members – Director of Admissions, Kimberly Holmes and Interns, Kelsey Koralewski & Karen Rowan
- Introduced a high-end and ecologically friendly color line to our salon, Davines
- Volunteered our time within Muncie & surrounding communities
Thank you to our students, staff, clients, family, and friends that made 2013 so fantastic. We can’t wait to see what the new year brings. Here’s to 2014!