Dear Amber’s Community,
We have all endured challenging times over the last few weeks, and we are looking forward to returning to our school and finding our way back to delivering in-person education for our students as well as providing Student Salon, Barbering, and Spa services for our guests.
At Amber’s, we are focused on the important ways we can not only maintain our current safety and sanitary policies but further enhance the policies we already have in place.
While many things have changed in the world and in our school, one thing has remained: our commitment to the safety of our Amber’s staff, students, and clients. We will continue to prioritize the community’s health and safety by incorporating guidance from trusted sources including the Center for Disease Control, The Indiana State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners and the Indiana Governor’s Office.
Therefore, we have finalized our plans for reopening. Our reopening dates are as follows:
- Scheduling appointments for Student Salon, Barbershop and Spa starts: Tuesday May 12
- Prospective student tours welcome by appointment: Tuesday May 12
- Retail sales (phoned in, curbside pickup): Tuesday May 12
- Enrolled students return: Tuesday May 19
- Reopening of Student Salon, Barbershop and Spa: Tuesday May 26
There will be some distinct changes/requirements when it is time for your next visit as we have made updates (among many others) to help protect our community:
- Guests must pre-book their appointments by calling 765-284-2205. No walk-ins
- All staff, students, and clients of the Amber’s must comply with the Governor’s request to wear a face mask / covering while in our school. Face mask guidelines during a service will vary
- Appointments are limited to the guest only; unless assistance is required, or the guest is a minor and then only one additional guest is allowed
- Social distancing of 6 feet, when possible, is always expected
- As mentioned, our sanitation procedures have been enhanced. Cleaning of common areas will be occurring throughout the day and our cleaning crew is aware of our expectations.
- Please also make sure you are monitoring your health for any COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing a cough or fever, please stay home, contact your health care provider, and let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
Follow us on social media for further updates and feel free to contact us with any questions.
Thank you for choosing Amber’s!
Brian Shrieve, President